You are hereBack to top
With over a decade of experience working in London, Hong Kong and mainland China, Weina has extensive experience in advising Chinese and multinational clients on the resolution and avoidance of complex and high value cross-border commercial disputes. She also regularly represents clients in international arbitration cases.
Weina’s experience covers a range of commercial disputes in TMT, manufacturing, energy, infrastructure and hotel sectors and relating to M&A transactions, joint ventures and other types of commercial contracts.
Weina graduated from East China University of Political Science and Law and is qualified to practice in the PRC and in England & Wales. Her working languages are English and Mandarin Chinese.
Weina's experience includes advising:
- a major global TMT manufacturer and network infrastructure developer and its Chinese subsidiary in claims against its counterparty under a turn-key contract for a project in a Central Asian jurisdiction
- a subsidiary of a leading Chinese energy company on the successful settlement of a multi-billion dollar dispute against a US company over production sharing contracts governed by Chinese law and potential UNCITRAL arbitration and ICSID arbitration
- a Chinese state-owned enterprise on the successful settlement of an ICC arbitration arising out of a contract governed by Hong Kong law for the sale and purchase of solar power equipment
- a BVI company in a HKIAC arbitration under Hong Kong law, concerning disputes arising from a multi-billion RMB acquisition of a well-known Chinese skincare group
- a well-known Chinese textile manufacturer as respondent in two parallel SIAC arbitrations over alleged breaches of two joint venture contracts and tortious claims under PRC law