You are hereBack to top
Gillian specialises in employment law, including investigations, labour disputes, company restructurings and employment policies and advises the employment aspects of deals and transactions.
Gillian manages investigations, massive layoffs, labour disputes and employment compliance matters, and advises on the employment aspects of deals and restructurings for international clients in China.
Gillian obtained her bachelor's degree in law from Shanghai University of Finance and Economics and holds master's degrees in law and sociology from Lancaster University in the United Kingdom.
Gillian is qualified in China and is fluent in English, Cantonese and a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese.
Gillian's experience includes advising:
- multinational companies on internal investigations and providing corresponding reports and action plans
- on preparation and updating of internal policies following internal investigations
- on localisation of global policies applied in China
- on labor union related matters and negotiation of collective employment contracts, union fees, termination cases, massive layoff cases and employee benefits projects with local labor unions
- on employees negotiation of mutual termination agreements
- on termination of senior employees who conducted misconduct behaviors or due to any other reasons
- on training of employment, anti-harassment, diversity, anti-bully, OSH and relevant compliance issues
- on employment contracts preparation for regular employees and senior management staff, and updating of employment handbooks and company policies
- on employee settlement agreements and employee transfer plans in cross-border M&A transactions
- on employment compliance matters, inclusive of employment, employee transfer and benefit plans in transactions and general advice (including Covid-19, vaccination and WFH related)
- on layoff related matters, inclusive of planning strategy, supporting documents, Q&A and on-site negotiation
- on employee disputes and collective labor disputes before local labor arbitration tribunals and courts
- on stock option plans preparation and filling with the SAFE and TAX authorities
- on immigration matters for expat employees working in China
- on employee related data privacy and protection matters