You are hereBack to top
Angela specialises in cross-border M&A transactions, joint ventures and foreign direct investment in China across industries, particularly in the pharma and healthcare, consumers and manufacturing sectors.
Angela has extensive experience of advising multinational and Chinese clients on cross-border M&A transactions, restructurings, divestitures, joint ventures and foreign direct investment in China.
She advises clients on a range of transactions and regulatory issues in sectors including pharma and healthcare, consumers, manufacturing and industrials, logistics, and automobile.
Angela was seconded to Rio Tinto in 2011 and to United Technologies Corporation between 2012 and 2013.
Fluent in Mandarin and English, Angela obtained a bachelor's degree in law from Southwest University of Political Science and a master's degree in law from Xiamen University.
Angela's experience includes advising:
- Chinese logistics company SF Express on acquisition of DHL's supply chain business in mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau
- Genus plc, a leading UK life science company, on its strategic collaboration with Beijing Capital Agribusiness Co., Ltd. to research, develop and commercialise PRRSv-resistant pigs in China. This deal is in the cutting-edge area of the life science industry and involves complicated regulatory and deal structuring issues.
- Lagardère Travel Retail on its strategic investment agreement with e-commerce giant JD.com and other investors
- Carrier Asia Limited on the acquisition of a minority interest in a Chinese commercial air-conditioning manufacturer
- Jaguar Land Rover on the establishment of a US$2 billion 50:50 joint venture in China with Chery Automotive Co. Ltd.