You are hereBack to top
Jean is a commercial and construction dispute lawyer with particular experience in the construction, bond and agency related disputes.
She has worked on major construction dispute claims in Russia, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia, Botswana, Turkey, Albania, Nepal, Congo, Vietnam and Angola.
She advises and represents Chinese and international companies on complex construction disputes arising from overseas and domestic projects. Jean also advises on general commercial disputes in international arbitration as well as Chinese domestic arbitrations and litigations. Jean has experience of acting in arbitrations under various institutional rules including ICC, CIETAC, BAC as well as at different levels of domestic courts.
Jean obtained her bachelor's degrees both in law and polymer science from Fudan University, Shanghai. She gained her master's in law from Peking University in Beijing and from Queen Mary University of London, UK. She is qualified in mainland China and passed the PRC National Bar exam in 2009. She also passed the CSDG (Certificate for Specialists in Demand Guarantees) exam certified by the ICC. Jean is fluent in English and Mandarin.
Jean's experience includes advising:
- a Chinese contractor in two UNCITRAL arbitrations seated in Kathmandu for disputes arising from a transmission line project and three substations projects
- a Chinese State-owned company on the claims arising from the two different projects in Russia and Botswana
- a Chinese State-owned company for a pipeline project at Erdos in administrative review and public hearing against seven local tax bureaus regarding farmland use tax issues
- a Chinese contractor in a CIETAC arbitration over an environmental sanitation project in Vietnam
- a Chinese university in a BAC arbitration