You are hereBack to top
Gavin has extensive experience in advising companies on cross-border M&A transactions, international business transactions, and corporate and commercial matters relating to China.
He has advised Fortune 500 companies, multinational corporations, Chinese state-owned companies and private companies.
Gavin obtained his master's degree in law from East China University of Political Science and Law in China and from New York University School of Law in the United States. Gavin passed the PRC bar exam and was also admitted as an attorney in the State of New York, US. He is fluent in English and is a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese.
Prior to joining Kewei, Gavin was the managing partner of a US law firm in Shanghai. He was recognised as a Rising Star by Legal Media Group in Expert Guides 2015, 2017 and 2018.
Gavin's experience includes advising:
- Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Group on a number of outbound investment projects
- Jaguar Land Rover on its joint venture with Chery Automobile
- on a multi-billion USD cruise vessel development project in China between Fincantieri S.p.A. and China State Shipbuilding Corporation
- a London Stock Exchange-listed company on a US$1 billion joint venture in northern China and subsequent strategic investments into China
- dormakaba International Holding AG, a global security group listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange, on an acquisition of a mechanical security business from Stanley Black & Decker